• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Block in 00 Jeep

Kingkong0192

NAXJA Forum User
Bought a 2000 XJ with a cracked head. Put a 0630 head on the jeep, fired it up, and it knocks. My guess is it spun a bearing or washed one as i drained about 11 quarts of fluid out of the drain pan.

I have a complete 99 motor. My question is what do i do about the hole for the distributor that the 99 block has and the 00 block doesn't? Is there a plate, or does something go in there or what?

Anything else i should know?

Thanks!

Your 2000 block has a cam sensor in the hole for the dizzy. Swap the sensor (remember to index) for the dizzy. As well as swap all of the other sensors.

Going to let the jeep sit outside and run. I might be crazy but it almost sounds like it's getting better.

Jeep smokes like crazy for some reason. No idea if that's the old coolant burning off or water in the exhaust, or coolant in the precats but it's bad. Going to toss tires on it and let the thing idle outside for like thirty minutes and see what happens.

Here's a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPB-do30Wk

is it possible its noisey slightly coolant filled lifters.

How would i go about fixing that? Letting it run?

I mean this thing was FILLED with coolant. I'm not kidding about how much oil/coolant came out of the oil pan.

There was even coolant in the oil filter.

Oil pressure is actually good. Gauge on the dash shows 40 pounds at cold idle. (Haven't verified with a mechanical gauge though.) I've read about a bunch of jeeps sounding like this and a lot of people have found it to be a broken piston skirt, but then again, mine seems to be getting quieter.

let it run for a bit. you could always check piston skirts by pulling the oil pan and looking up from the bottom, could also look at bearings since bearings and coolant don't mix nicely.As for fixxing the lifters, get new ones. Lifters require pulling the head again.

let it run for a bit. you could always check piston skirts by pulling the oil pan and looking up from the bottom, could also look at bearings since bearings and coolant don't mix nicely.As for fixxing the lifters, get new ones. Lifters require pulling the head again.

Hmm. I'll let it run for a bit before diving into it.

Another thing i didn't mention is when i pulled all the pushrods out i stuck them into a larboard box so they'd all go back where they came from. Long story short, i set the box next to the jeep and my buddy accidentally kicked it which most resulted in them getting mixed up.

Worse case scenario it's pulled the oil pan, look up, see what i see and go from there.

These items tend to wear slightly or at least the items they are attached to. just pushrods i'd say you are ok. if you mixxed up rockers or lifters then i'd be worried. Pulling the pan to look is about the only way to look at the bottom of the pistons. besides give's you an exuse to replace that leaky rear main seal.

These items tend to wear slightly or at least the items they are attached to. just pushrods i'd say you are ok. if you mixxed up rockers or lifters then i'd be worried. Pulling the pan to look is about the only way to look at the bottom of the pistons. besides give's you an exuse to replace that leaky rear main seal.

Rockers/pushrods were from the 0331 cracked head. I had the rockers next to the cylinder push rods that it came from and when he kicked it they all shifted around and three or so hit the floor. Not really sure how to fix that.

Rear main seal actually doesn't leak on this. You're seeing oil from the other junk i've had in the garage. Haha.

Ugh. I hate jeeps. :confused1

ah. not sure about your rockers. keep an eye on it. i'd still pull your pan and look.

With the amount of water inyour block id be checking bearings and flush your cooling system to get the oilly water out of your rad and h-core.

Back