• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower radiator disconnect fitting

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Not sure if this is the right place to post but I need a new one and can't find a part number anywhere, its the one that comes out of the radiator as a 90 to slip the tranny line on.....not the one in the tranny

Tons of posts on how to get it unstuck but not what to do if its missing :explosion

Talking about the elbow that the lower tranny line attaches to the radiator with. This would be part of the radiator. Buy a new radiator and it would be on there. Never seen one available all by itself. Boneyard for the elbow. Figure if the front were smashed on one the radiator would be no good and the boneyard would not care. Almost positive that every XJ ever made takes the same radiator. If so any year would work. I want to say the nut is a 19mm. Best to use a flarenut wrench or flarenut crowfoot if you can find one to pull.

I could buy a new radiator and get the part for sure but I don't need a radiator, might have one in line from a part out, my work schedule doesn't jive with the local yard and he the only one reasonably close in distance

Run an aftermarket trans cooler, and by-pass the in-rad "cooler"

I could buy a new radiator and get the part for sure but I don't need a radiator, might have one in line from a part out, my work schedule doesn't jive with the local yard and he the only one reasonably close in distance

Just noticed your in Canaan, CT. Might be able to hook you up. PM me.

Just noticed your in Canaan, CT. Might be able to hook you up. PM me.

That would be sweet

As for deleting it I like the fact it also warms the fluid in winter.......gets pretty cold in these hills

Are the threads still in place? If so, then in theory you just need to find a barb fitting that has the correct thread size to attach.

Back