• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LF Heim 1" bore, 1.25" rod shaft #16 threads

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
So, I'm using a set of heims that are toast where the eye is 1", shaft is 1.25" with 2.5" length and threads at 16 per inch. I was really hoping for Johnny Joints of Enduro's, but neither of them have anything with that threading or 1" eye.
My biggest complaint about the heims I had is they were loud .. constantly clunking.

Anyone know of a place that might carry a solution that's quiet but will fit without having to change up everything?

Ty

It sounds like someone forgot to put in the misalignment spacers for the 3/4" bolt. Your only option is going to be heims. Find some good FK ones.

Find the right joint by specs here, and then google the part number for the best price.

http://www.fkrodends.com/JMXJMXL15.html

Ok, I'm new to this so any assistance you can offer is appreciated =) My buddy helped me with the swap and knows way more than I do.

The interior space between my bracets is 2 5/8"

Visually, it looks like there's misalignment spacers on each end of the heim.

The bolt looks like a 5/8".

So I'm guessing (trying to learn!!) when he built the bracket, he used the heims that came on the radius arms, used mislignment spacers to bridge the gap between the heim and the bracket and brought it down to a 5/8" bolt size.

If that's the case, then wouldn't that open up more options? If I can find a joint with a 1.25" thread, ~2-3" length and 16 threads per inch, with at least 5/8" hole in the eye then I could use a set of spacers to ensure it squeezes in the brackets? If I'm understanding things correctly, then I just need to figure out how wide the heim is and how wide of misalignment spacers I need?

Last edited:
I must have misread something in your original post.

So you're looking for a standard 2 5/8" joint with a 1.25" shank and 5/8 bolt hole?

Yea. That's the rub. It's 16 TPI. If it was 12 it would be easy. Even at 14, Currie has a few options for Johnny Joints.

Ok, well, let's back up. I haven't pulled one out yet. I called James Duff and they said it was a 16. I asked twice to be sure.

I don't have time to pull one out right now, but I did just take a pic. It's hard to tell since I can't get right up on it with the tape measure and took a pic. It could be 12 though, and the guy I talked to was full of $hit.

ZVR4VbCh.jpg

Click here for a really high res photo so you don't have to zoom in:
http://i.imgur.com/ZVR4VbC.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I confirmed it with someone else there this morning, the guy was wrong and its 12 TPI. Awesome, that makes my life easier =)

Back