• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations on leafsprings for 5.5"/6"

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
Had an older set of RE 5.5" springs. Too short and so my rear axle was slid forward too far and looked goofy.

Switched to IRO since they advertised their springs are 3" longer than stock. Puts the rear axle *exactly* where it should be, but the springs are garbage .. been 9 months and they are sagged, bowed, etc.

So, what I would like is a spring that's longer than stock so it puts the rear axle in the right spot, as well as a good quality spring that can handle more than .. 10 wheeling trips?

Thank you for any recommendations you have!

Last edited:
Deaver!

Yes. They claimed ignorance "works great for all of our other customers", etc.

As for Deaver, don't they do customer order springs? How much does that run?

Deavers are pretty expensive, but very worth it. Many pre-runner guys swear by deavers.

As for a 5.5" lift, i'm running 3.5" RE leafs, HD no lift relocation boxes and a .75" lift shackle. Puts me right at 5-5.5" of lift. Add a longer shackle and you'll have that 6"

This is with RE 5.5" coil springs as well.
584BD374-C023-45D6-A646-BFA47757857D_zps4edd3hbx.jpg

I took this video for the exhaust, but you can get an idea of the ride height. (battery was going dead at that point)

Last edited:
Agree with photo jared. I run (for now) 3.5 rubicon express springs with 2 inch shackles. Puts me right at the same height. Although just ordered skyjacker softride 6 inch springs from 4wd hardware for 142 each the rubicon express 5.5 are 187 each. We'll see how they do. I am also going to the shackle relocation brackets and .75 inch shackle. Should put me at about 7-7.5 inches

Also, Not sure what heights they offer. But Hell Creek Suspensions makes leafs for XJ.. and one of the few left that makes them for MJ's.
I do not recall the exact difference, but MJ leafs are longer than XJ leafs.

You get what you pay for wit springs. I will be getting deavers one day. They have a standard 4" lift pack that's off the shelf so to speak but they also can custom make a set however you want

Agree with photo jared. I run (for now) 3.5 rubicon express springs with 2 inch shackles. Puts me right at the same height. Although just ordered skyjacker softride 6 inch springs from 4wd hardware for 142 each the rubicon express 5.5 are 187 each. We'll see how they do. I am also going to the shackle relocation brackets and .75 inch shackle. Should put me at about 7-7.5 inches

Amazon has RE 5.5" for $110/ea

I've been considering the RE 5.5" pack because at $250 shipped for a pair, that's 1/5 of the price of a custom set of Deavers.

Back