• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans boot

GordoSmasho

Nevada Raisins
NAXJA Member
I have a 97 ax15 4.0

I just swapped in the ax15 from aw4. I need the shifter boot that connects to the tunnel. It is oval shapped. Cant find it anywhere. Also need to replace the gasket that goes under the plate that boot connects to.
758390c3e4dddee5ef29a544689ae96c.jpg
e99b9c58b73e34fb13cc0a88c63041fe.jpg
8c62034bbaa9a22214560c37a9358287.jpg

Anyone have a line on finding these parts.

Quadratec? Ebay?
I would just use some RTV, or pick up some of that DIY gasket maker.

Yeah ive spent like two weeks searching online for that boot. No luck.

The gasket is like a double sided foam that turned to gooey tar when i pulled it out. That plate overlaps the tcase shifter on one corner. Just need to find a way to seal the trans tunnel opening. Im not using the center console so ill fave another boot over this one but i would like to retain that factory seal.

Last edited:
Gordo, I used a boot for a TJ. Had to drill a could please new holes but that was it. As far the the foam gasket goes, you'll need to make one up.

IIRC, the JK shifter boot looks close to the shape of the one that is torn.

Gordo, I used a boot for a TJ. Had to drill a could please new holes but that was it. As far the the foam gasket goes, you'll need to make one up.

That worked on my '96, but it would appear they changed the hole with the change in body style.

Still might be worth comparing the boots for some of the other Jeeps to see if the boot could be found under another application.

Back