• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grab handle

Anthropy

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '96 XJ looking for replacement grab handle (end cap never stayed on and now lost). I see only handles for 97-01 XJ's advertised and aftermarket cobra stitch para cord handles.

Can one use a stock 97-01 handle in a 96?

Thanks

Tom

Not certain if they are intact in my parts heep, but I will check sometime this week. How many do you need. IIRC, all 4 are the same.

I have a '96 XJ looking for replacement grab handle (end cap never stayed on and now lost). I see only handles for 97-01 XJ's advertised and aftermarket cobra stitch para cord handles.

Can one use a stock 97-01 handle in a 96?

Thanks

Tom

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about then pretty sure you can. Owned a '96 and and an '00 at the same time. '96 is gone now though. Anyway was missing one camel end cap on a grab handle in the '00. Stole the grey grab handle cap from the '96 to use. Worked fine. Finally found a camel one. If the cap worked figure the whole handle would too. Maybe. Just so you know left and right on the cap kinda matters. More so you can hook up that little strap with the hole in it so when the cap falls off it would just hang there in the air.

Thanks for the information everyone. I usually use the Mopar overstock website to compare part numbers, but I was unable to find anything.

My interior is light gray and am missing the right hand side cap. I saw all black complete handles for not much and I thought, what the heck. I don't care for the cobra para cord versions.

Thanks for the information everyone. I usually use the Mopar overstock website to compare part numbers, but I was unable to find anything.

My interior is light gray and am missing the right hand side cap. I saw all black complete handles for not much and I thought, what the heck. I don't care for the cobra para cord versions.

Curious. What year did you see all black grab handles in. Thinking never seen an XJ with a black, just gray, interior.

Ebay. But looking again tonight, I see they are dark gray - sure look black in the picture.

All the ones listed were for 97-01, except for the $30 set (missing covers) in light gray without a year listed.

Tom

Morris4x4 usually has reasonable prices on stuff like that.

Back