• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 xj no start

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Went to start my 95 the other day and it would crank and not fire. Took it to my friend who put it on his Snap on scanner and he got a no bus condition. He automatically said that computer was bad. Gave me the number off the computer to find a replacement. The number is 56028851. It's a 95 manual 4.0L xj. I have a 94 auto xj that I wheel and a 96 auto computer on the shelf. All have different numbers. I figured I'd take these two and plug them in and see if we can get it running. I know there was a ODB change around 95 but could not remember when it was. Any help would be appreciated.

Power to data link? Power and grounds to pcm? Sensors bringing computer down? No bus or communication is no reason to replace a pcm until you've checked everything else.

A friend I wheel with checked it out for me. He did say the data link had power. He also said that the PCM had power. I'm going to go get it today from him and will confirm that before I decide to part it out. Hell I might just plug that computer into my 94 trail rig and see if it runs there. Time right now at this time of year is not something I have a lot of.

No Bus on the OBD-II Jeeps will usually point to a bad CPS. Your 95 is OBD-I. You need to try a different friend.

No Bus on the OBD-II Jeeps will usually point to a bad CPS. Your 95 is OBD-I. You need to try a different friend.

Yea well after Christmas I'll try and swap my computer in. There is one with the same part number on eBay right now for $75 but I don't want to dump any more into this jeep. It has rusty floors......

Back