• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few supercharger questions

podm98c

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys I know there are post about superchargers and I have been looking at a lot of them But I have a few questions before I dive in to it. So for starters I have a line on a M62 supercharger from a guy I work with. Pretty much giving it way to me. Now what I want to know is about the fuel. I see some poeple run a boost a pump and some don't. Let's say my target boost is around 6 to 8 pounds. How should I attack the fuel problem and will it need computer tuning?

Check the street and performance subforum, a few folks there have done one.

To make the most out of it you will probably need bigger injectors. The pump will probably be able to handle the extra fuel needed so that should be ok. And you need tuning! Or some way to retard timing at least so you don't detonate/ping. Plus without tuning youre leaving a lot of power on the table, and thats what youre after isn't it? Theres some good literature out there on making boost, I would suggest doing some research, you'll be happier in the end

I figured bigger injectors would be a must in the build. You are correct definitely want more power. I guess my biggest question would be what to use for tuning then?

To make the most out of it you will probably need bigger injectors. The pump will probably be able to handle the extra fuel needed so that should be ok. And you need tuning! Or some way to retard timing at least so you don't detonate/ping. Plus without tuning youre leaving a lot of power on the table, and thats what youre after isn't it? Theres some good literature out there on making boost, I would suggest doing some research, you'll be happier in the end

I would never EVER run a performance engine on a stock fuel pump. A 255LPH pump is cheap insurance and <$100.

To do forced induction on ANY motor is not cheap. Don't cheap out.

I would never EVER run a performance engine on a stock fuel pump. A 255LPH pump is cheap insurance and <$100.

To do forced induction on ANY motor is not cheap. Don't cheap out.

^^^ X2

I didn't plan on this being cheap, I'm just wondering if a turbo would be the better route to take. I have looked at your thread a lot boostwerks. Then again the supercharger is a free bee and doesn't need rebuilt either.plus I had planned to mount the charger on the passenger side of the jeep. Also being a machinist it makes it extremely easy for me to make any custom parts I may need. My biggest cost will be in injectors, a fuel pump and tuning I think. I also ran across another post on another forum in my research and one guy is just running bigger injectors with no tuning and getting about 6 to 8 pounds of boost. He claims it's running good but I have doubt that is the case.

Back