• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front driveshaft

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
After lifting my 00 XJ my driveshaft vibrates because the slip yoke is very loose worn out. Has anyone tried any of the drive shafts on ebay.ie. Adams drivelines.rough counrty.

I'm running a used DS in mine. Went to a used parts store, asked them to see all of their DS's for my year, they let me go through all of them, and check for slop/play. I picked the best one, and bought it for $50. Ordered new U-Joints, and ball rebuild, dropped it off at a DS shop for a quick balance, and installed it. All said and done, ~$100.

That being said, I've read a bit about Adams Driveshafts, and they have good reviews, and their price is right.

These guys as well, but more expensive: http://www.oliversdriveshaft.com/index.php/products

I tried the used driveshaft same issues. The problem is I have a low pinion front axle. When I lifted the Jeep it increased the driveshaft leangth requirement. So the stock leangth driveshaft slip yoke is almost maxed out. The Grand Cherokee front is too long. My measurement is 31 5/8 inches. Stock is around 29.8 the Grand Cherokee is over 32 inches

What height are you lifted? Adj. arms installed? I have a '00 low pinion and am at an even 4" with plenty of slip on the stock shaft left. I run stock front shafts in front and rear on mine, with stock arms. I'll try to get a measurement off mine for you after work.

Eric, try CC Driveline in Santa Maria. Should be 200$ or less for them to modify/rebuild your drive shaft to the specs you need.

I run tattons front and rear. Call him he did $400 shipped on both. Top notch quality and I've been very pleased. Not much paint left on the rear and it hasn't had an issue. 7" of spline engagement .120 wall Dom and spicer 1310s also the cardan joint is greasable

Back