• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical Gremlins: Dashlights and coil fuse

Seeker

NAXJA Forum User
So I finally got my headlights running after switching out the harness, lever, and the headlight switch. The headlights work but then the dash lights stopped working when they were fine before the new switch. Any ideas?

Then, I was driving after an hour the jeep poops out while running. I had switched the csp in the last year and noticed that the coil spring fuse was blowing. I looked around for any frayed wires and I can't find anything. Any ideas on how to narrow it down?

Thanks!!!!!

What year of XJ are you working on?

Did your marker lights die when the dash lights quit?

RENIX era Cherokees (mines an '89) can have a problem with bad ground wiring blowing the #5 fuse under the dash when the head light switch is pulled out.
It knocks out the dash, running and tail (not stop) lights.
If that's your problem, maybe we can find a fix as I'm also in Whittier and can't seem to track down the culprit.
Mike
PS, I also replaced the headlight switch and it didn't help.

RENIX era Cherokees (mines an '89) can have a problem with bad ground wiring blowing the #5 fuse under the dash when the head light switch is pulled out.
It knocks out the dash, running and tail (not stop) lights.
If that's your problem, maybe we can find a fix as I'm also in Whittier and can't seem to track down the culprit.
Mike
PS, I also replaced the headlight switch and it didn't help.

I'll keep you posted to what I find out. I'll pm you my number.

I figured it out! A wire must of got unplugged when I was putting the dash back together. All back and running!
727820c1a946c7b7c3e3b66fd115aacd.jpg

Back