• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio and Wiper electrical issues

8991XJ

NAXJA Forum User
91 Cherokee 4.0

Radio only puts out sound when warm/hot. Does everything it should except make noise through the speakers when cold.

Wipers (with intermittent) will sometimes just stop mid-path. I have cleaned the intermittent module connections. Bushings have been replaced so the wipers track properly. Not often they just stop. Will work again but not soon enough in some instances.

While I'm at it the overhead display is slow to power up and starts at very low temps, -50-67°F most of the time. Eventually it will give proper outside temps. The compass is 180° off and the reprogram does not respond. It is a replacement unit, other one lost a capacitor.

I repaired the non-responsive passenger window (2-door) with the separating connector under the carpet. Can any of these issues be resolved by cleaning and refitting some connectors up in the dash? If so, where might they be.

Thanks

Back