• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 HID kit install problem.

lance9187

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a 8000k hid kit on jeep. Everything runs fine until I shut off lights turn off jeep then there's a delay/relay "clicks" like seconds on a clock. Any thoughts? It's plug n play and I capacitor to stop off flicker but clicking still there.

Might have to buy the harness that supplies power directly from te battery to the lights instead of through the stock harness. I had a similar issue, added that harness and now its fine.

Every single hid conversion issue troubleshoot SHOULD start with re wiring. Ground back to the negative battery terminal, not chassis ground .

The harnesses that use the stock harness, usually only use it as a reference, your only drawing enough amperage thru the oem harness to trip the relay, then it's straight from the battery (or should)

HID's are finacky, every single person I know who had flicker/flash/failure to ignite issues, has solved them by re wiring them proper, as described above.

That being said, there's a lot of shit quality kits out there, ballasts are often defective or simply don't last.

Buying a wiring harness may be easier, but if you spent the couple hours to do it yourself, you'd know how it worked, and would be able to trouble shoot it. Best couple hours I EVER spent. Most of the aftermarket harnesses are shit, and shit that wasn't designed for HIDs.

SilverStars...light that don't go bling in the night!

Last edited:
This is not a "HID's raped and murdered my grandmother thread". If it was, id point out that your silverstars are sooo damn good, sylvania lost a 30million dollar lawsuit over their bullshit claims.

Sorry to hear yer grandpa is an HID. Bummer 'bout yer grandma too.

Back