• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LS SWAP NEED HELP ON TCASE LINKAGE

Madspeed

NAXJA Forum User
So I have my ls in and hooked to 4l60e with modded s10 tcase. My question is How did you do your linkage? I see some used 3/8 rod ends but my tcase shift arm is directly under the shift linkage.
Thanks

That's a nice setup. Unfortunately my shift lever is DIRECTLY over the top on my t case lever as I had stated in my first post. what does one do when using an Gen lll engine and not the OLD small block th350 setup? I have a 5.3 with a 4l60e 90's S10 t case abortion

Last edited:
I have the S-10 231 in approximately the same location with the Jeep SYE kit in it. Can you weld something on your arm to move the location further forward? It may be digging a bit, but some cable set up? I can see that as worthwhile.

I could use Novak but I got a seein problem I just cant see spending 2X what something SHOULD cost. I did use their motor mount kit to save me time. But I want better than their kit as has been stated its very flimsy. Ill try and fab up the factory setup and post what I came up with when im done. thanks fellers =)

Look around at Midwest Control's website and at Lokar for cable shift solutions.

Post pics of your setup.

As long as the throw necessary to get from 2wd to 4lo is simar, then it doesn't matter if it's a chevy tcase

I'd go novak. I have to cut a change the mounts to make it work on mine but the ease of the set up just makes it worth it. I couldn't get the boostwerks stuff to work for me and it seems a cable was the only way

The arm is the simple part. How are you going to get in on the t-case? GM and Jeep are totally different animals on how they bolt up.

Not sure I follow. 231C has the same style arm at the tcase and I'm guessing he still has the factory jeep tcase lever. The novak kit comes with an arm that would bolt to the 231C. All you need to figure out is where to put the lower mount. Looks like there is plenty of room for the mount on the floorboard. I welded the lower mount for the cable to my crossmember. I don't see why it wouldn't work unless there is some glaring issue I'm missing. If that's the case please enlighten me

I see what you mean. I'm saying the bracket isn't a big deal. I didn't use the mount on the tcase and instead welded it on my crossmember. Not what I'd call totally custom. Especially when compared to a motor swap

IIRC, the arm on the GM t-case is angled the opposite direction. Maybe the arm from the Jeep case, boostwerks or modified one should work.
Billy's mod comes to mind bs-fab.net

Back