• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

p0107 in reverse?

pbfreak9999

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys!
So my 1998 4.0 xj is running perfect. There's just one issue that is driving me insaine. Only when I put the jeep in reverse, it throws a code(p0107). It doesn't affect drive ability and shortly goes away. Any ideas that could lead me in the right direction would be so appreciated!
Thanks!
Adam!

Well that code is in reference to the map sensor. How is it that it only happens once you go into reverse? Do you clear the code, drive it around and the right when you go into reverse it comes back on?

That's exactly what happens. I'm thinking of taking it to the dealership to have this bulletin performed just to check one thing of the list..
UMBER: 18-08-00

GROUP: Vehicle Performance

DATE: June 23, 2000

THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 18-03-99, DATED FEB. 19, 1999, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE REVISED MODEL YEARS.

SUBJECT:
Erroneous MIL Illumination Due To DTC P0107 - Map Sensor Voltage Too Low

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the JTEC Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with new software (calibration change 96Cal18, 97Cal18 and 98Cal12).

**MODELS:**
**1996** - 1998(AB) Ram Van
**1996** - 1998(AN) Dakota
**1996** - 1998(BR/BE)Ram Truck
1998 (DN) Durango
**1997** - 1998(TJ) Wrangler
**1996** - 1998(XJ) Cherokee
**1996** - 1998(ZJ) Grand Cherokee

NOTE:
THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH GASOLINE ENGINE.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Erroneous MIL illumination with DTC P0107 - MAP SENSOR VOLTAGE TOO LOW. This may occur during downhill decelerations at altitude or when performing off-road maneuvers when the engine is operating over 1500 rpm.

Last edited:
Back