• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Codes 700 and 705

Connercox25

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, This is my first post on the forum!!

Okay so i was coming home from the gym and the Check Engine light came on jeep is still driving fine. I check the codes and i get 700 and 705.

I drive a 98 Cherokee Classic 4.0 2wd and auto trans.

If any one can tell me what these codes mean that would be great. I have done easy work on my jeep before like water pump change and new radiator but what i have read on these codes is that it has to do with my tans and that scares me..

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks, Conner

Easy fix; your NSS needs cleaning/replacement. One hour job, unless you break it during removal. One word of advice from me, a guy with 57 years of wrenching experience: if you replace, buy only OEM. It is expensive, and it will last forever. Also, index it properly. If the engine cranks in both neutral and park, you're good to go.

This is a common issue. A simple cleaning and indexing usually takes care of it.

Have you diagnosed the problem as a dirty/malfunctioning NSS? Has it been remedied?

Will you vanish after posting a problem without acknowledging assistance, as most around here normally do?

Back