• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bushwacker flares... what do you think?

jmg222

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Finally got around to installing these (well, most of them... still have the rear passenger left) while waiting for my terminator EFI. What do you think?
Fronts were a breeze, rear was a royal pain-- and still didn't get the two halves to match up perfectly, but close :)

beaof7.jpg

Bigger Tyres!

32" is as big as I go for now ... I have a locked "super d35" in the rear, but need to replace that before I go over 33".

but I agree-- those tires look kinda puny now.

Looks like mine which I'm still running 31's

How much cutting is required for the install? I run 33's and already cut some but looks like I may need to cut more?

How much cutting is required for the install? I run 33's and already cut some but looks like I may need to cut more?

take a look at their web site. these flares really don't open up the top much-- actually, at all. In the front, I only cut near the front bumper and by the back. Which actually was perfect for me, because the front part of the fender well was digging into the wheel when flexing, and I have zero issues with the tire hitting the top of the well.

In the rear I'd say you gain about an inch all around, but at the top most portion of the well you're not cutting at all -- you actually leave a "tab" (hard to describe) of un cut metal... you're cutting right up to the weld seam, so hard to see how you could open up the wells any more than they are without substantial modification.

Anyway, the bottom line is that you're getting room at the front and rear of each wheel well, but not a heck of a lot at the top.

Back