• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

American Racing Satin Black Baja Wheels

Mine are American racing they aren't the same but they seem be holding up!

841391ce5a43fbc3deb791e1ac36888e.jpg

f0794b0d5175419e81f032389f6f3b71.jpg

I got these wheels a couple months ago can't really tell how the powder coating will hold up yet but no scratches or anything yet. They are a little harder to clean then the satin black steel procomps I had before

I got these wheels a couple months ago can't really tell how the powder coating will hold up yet but no scratches or anything yet. They are a little harder to clean then the satin black steel procomps I had before

Happen to have any pictures? Interested to see how they look on a XJ

I had the polished aluminum Baja's but I couldn't keep the aluminum from getting spots of corrosion on them. They wouldn't just polish out either. I would have to sand most of it out, then use aluminum cutting rouge and polishing compound. After the last time I sold them and bought the black Soft 8's thinking they would be easy to maintain. Man was I wrong. They rusted terribly and I don't mean surface rust. I mean rough, bubbled up rust and corrosion where the center meets the rim. I thought maybe these black aluminum wheels would hold up. I can get a set of them new for $380 shipped and with lug nuts. I can't keep buying wheels but I'll have to blast, prime, and paint these Soft 8's if I keep them.

I paid 360 shipped but no lug nuts, I think they're worth the price. The procomps I had would just wipe clean and these just take a little bit of scrubbing not that big of a deal tho

I paid 360 shipped but no lug nuts, I think they're worth the price. The procomps I had would just wipe clean and these just take a little bit of scrubbing not that big of a deal tho

So which Pro Comp wheels did you have and why did you get rid of them?

Back