• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help...Odd Fuel Pressure Issues

Sopoold97

NAXJA Forum User
Im new to the Jeep world. A buddy of mine recently purchased a 92 XJ. I have been working on it for him. It just recently passed emissions here in AZ, and now im just fine tuning some things. The jeep suffers from long cranking to start. It runs fine, smooth and passed emissions like previously stated. So I tried trouble shooting the long crank issue. First thing we did when the vehicle was purchased was replaced the tank, pump and filter. The jeep had come down on a rock at some point, crushing the tank and pump with it. Once everything was replaced, it fired up and ran fine. The pump, tank and filter maybe have 50 miles on them and about 2 months old. So i'm assuming those aren't part of the issue. First thing I tried was running a check valve inline on the inlet side of the pump...no help. So then I checked the fuel pressure. During priming, it would spike 10 psi and then immediately bleed off (Priming duration is maybe 3 seconds.). So then I started it up and the fuel pressure at idle was 22 psi with no change when FPR vacuum was removed. I decided to replace the regulator after testing the vacuum on it. While at it, I pulled all injectors, bench cleaned them, new cones and o-rings. Placed everything back together. Trucks runs smoother and crank time seems a little less, however FP is still at 22psi. Im stumped at this point. Ive searched and I haven't found anyone with the same issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

PS the 4.0 also has a new TPS, cleaned IAC, IAC housing and TB, no vacuum leaks, new cap, rotor, plugs and wires etc etc.

Back