• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doors removed now radio doesn't work

Lucky2BAlive

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 Laredo that I just made the doors removable. Since it has power doors I had to cut the wires that go into the doors which I'm going to attach to some snap in connectors. However after i did the mod the radio won't turn on. Is there a few wires I can connect to use the radio with my doors off? What colors and are they at the door openings? I can't figure this out help me out please electrical is not my strength.

you must've blown a fuse. nothing in the door harness will disable the radio. one speaker in said door, but not the entire system.

You possibly cut the wires to the speakers with the ignition on which will cause a direct short to the radio. This can pop the 15A fuse on the radio head unit or the vehicle fuse panel.

Thanks guys after checking every fuse by the kick panel and the radio twice and sometimes three times I looked through the engine bay and there I was a mini fuse burnt up. Snapped a new one in everything work you guys saved me a big headache appreciate it.

Thanks guys after checking every fuse by the kick panel and the radio twice and sometimes three times I looked through the engine bay and there I was a mini fuse burnt up. Snapped a new one in everything work you guys saved me a big headache appreciate it.

I carry a pack of those mini fuses with me on the trail.
I've blown it a couple times myself.

Back