• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBD Oil Pressure PID (2004 2005 LM7 5.3)

blistovmhz

NAXJA Forum User
Engine type/year: LM7 5.3 (2005 Sierra S1500 4x4)
PCM: 2004 LM7 5.3 (2004 Sierra S1500) - SERVNO: 12586242

Stuck this in my 98 XJ a few months ago and have been scratching my head about the Oil Pressure PID ever since. Tried all the PID's and formula's I've found thus far, but no love.

I'm positive the Oil Pressure is presented over the bus, as the DiabloSport InTune can read it just fine. But of course, DS are dinks and won't tell anyone anything about their hardware/software.

Has anyone got a working Oil Pressure PID they care to share?

How many threads related to one jeep are you going to start?

In the gm tech 2 I think it was under the instrument cluster not a pcm pid

However many it takes :). I think this question is unique enough to warrant it's own thread.

All I know for sure is that DiabloSport's InTune can read Oil Pressure, and claims it's an OBDii PID. The value is correct as confirmed by an external manual sensor/gauge.

I do see an OP PID in Torque that does give me a number, but it's usually bogus. I know that ONE TIME I saw it read out 40psi, which is what InTune is giving me as well.
I strongly suspect the PID is accessible via OBD, but I suppose InTune could very well be lying about it.

I'd try a GM forum. Thats not info many if any here will have.

It is but if I remember right it went thru the cluster not the pcm. It is still on the bus but you would have to talk to the cluster not pcm. Why are so intent on seeing it? Put a manual gauge on it and be done with it

Already doing so :). Just figured someone who'd done a swap may have already found an answer, given we're the ones most likely trying to figure this out.

Are you sure it's not a CAN attribute rather than OBD-II?

I'm not sure of anything except that the InTune sees it, and Torque does not. I've tried 10 or 15 extended PID's I've seen posted around the intarwebs, but none have worked thus far. DS won't even discuss it :p. Hell, when I asked them (pre-sales) if the InTune would be able to configure my fan temp triggers, they assured me it can. Their web site also says the same thing. When I got the device and didn't see fan triggers anywhere, I called to ask where they were. They then assured me that not only does the ECU not have any fan triggers, but that I should've known this because it says it's not supported on the website. When I sent the guy a link to their site where it clearly says they are supported, he told me "well then you should probably just send it back for a refund". :p GOOOO Capitalism!

I assume you've tested the extended pids in Torque? unfortunately I only have an 411 PCM that I can play with and I don't know anyone with an 04/05 truck that I could test with.

Yea, extended PID's for GM lists two different PIDS for OP with two different equations, but neither gives me any result. The screwy thing is though, that I'm positive that I saw OP on my screen and giving me 40psi at some point, but ... now I don't. Lots of other people asking the same question on OBD and Chevy forums. Lots of answers, some work for some guys but not others.

From what I've read on the subject, GM does put OP on OBD somewhere, but they charge $50 grand for the list, and will sue your face off if you leak them. No idea if that's true, just what I've heard from devs who work on OBD apps.

Back