• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for quiet-er muffler suggestions?

jhc7399

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I have a Thrush Welded muffler with Performance curve Cat, APN header, 2 1/2 all the way back. I have had this set up for a round three months, since I replaced my old 4.0 with a rebuild. I liked the sound of it at first but when I replaced the engine I had a bad AC compressor so I put in a delete pulley instead. Well now that I have to have the windows open a lot since it warmed up the droning is driving me crazy. from about 1400-2000 rpms I can barely hear the radio which is most of the time in city driving.

I am looking for something that will come in 2 1/2 with some performance benefits to it but not be so obnoxious, any suggestions?

Magnaflow, anything 18" or larger.

I got my spintech for cheap, probably louder than you want though. I guess it helps that my "exhaust guy" bought a bundle of mufflers for a good price.

I really like my Aero Turbine. It was on the Jeep when I got it. It is significantly louder than stock, with a nice deep sound: no high harmonics, no tuner Honda trash can sized muffler hollowness. However, it doesn't drone at any rpm. It sounds great at idle and my m/t tires completely drown it out on the highway.

Shockingly, the Flowmaster 40-series I have on mine is as quiet as stock, except between 1500-1800 RPM, where there's a bit of a drone.

YRMV.

Back