• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Registration Concerns

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
We are hearing that there is some interest in people attending to ride the trails, but do not have any interest in registering for the event.

If you do not register and pay the associated fees, you will not be allowed to participate in the chapter related events (raffle, meals..etc). Period. This is the only way to keep it fair to everybody who is paying to support the club and this event.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM myself, Cottontail, or Lowrange2

The fees aren't even expensive. I offered to do this with the Jeep Jamboree at Badlands (since its a $205 registration) but they got pretty crappy. I offered to donate or pay to just run the trails with a group, I had no interest in any other of the activities. I figured throwing them an extra $40 or so just to tag along for some trails and still support the event wouldn't be a big issue but they thought otherwise I guess.

For something as inexpensive as this or Winterfest ($35?) just pay the damn fees and quit being a cheap ass.

Seems pretty darn reasonable to me. I THOUGHT I always wanted to go to a Jeep Jamboree UNTIL I looked into it, for $750 or so your and your family can be in a 8 hour a day jeep parade through the woods, complete with tons of stupid rules! Camp 20 miles away, and figure out your own food from local grocers! ..hahaha....Rather get drunk and terrorize my mud pit anyday, maybe BBQ. $50 max. and not a yuppie in site :D

Quote from the Jamboree site "Participant Jeeps with tires over 37" and combined lift over 6" WILL BE TURNED AWAY AT VEHICLE EVALUATION AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND JAMBOREE, NO REFUND.

Thats not very jeepy IMHO.

Why stop at the chapter related events?

If you don't register, you don't ride with us. The end.

What happens when someone dies on the tail end of one of our trail groups and we all get sued?

Rather get drunk and terrorize my mud pit anyday
I don't find that at all responsible, and alcohol use on the trails at the Cherokee Crawl - or any trail ride for that matter - will not be accepted.

Why stop at the chapter related events?

If you don't register, you don't ride with us. The end.

What happens when someone dies on the tail end of one of our trail groups and we all get sued?

The SEC Board is well aware of the need to police this during the event. All of the SEC Board will be at the event, and likely 5 or 6 of the National Board as well. Both boards will be working together to ensure the integrity of this event.

I certainly hope that no one is low enough to consider doing this. Without these fees and raffle monies, this event and recent land use donations would not be possible.
Support your club. Support and keep our hobby/sport alive.

Back