• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My luck and a lockrite locker

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I purchased a used lockrite and it's in great shape, but I'm having an issue installing, my thrust washers are too worn out, with mine the gap was .175"(min. is .145"-max is .170") got another pair of washers and tried them and got a gap of .176" lol so I tried for shits and giggles abd stacked the washers and now it's at .125" lol so it's too small. A buddy suggested taking out one washer from one side. Would that work or is that a bad idea? Does both halves have to be spaced exactly the same or can one be stacked shorter in terms of the thrust washer?
It's the weekend and no gear shop is open till Monday so in trying to get this fixed sooner
It's in a d30 with 3.55 gears

both halves need to be correct....it ain't the space between the 2 halves that is important...it is the space between each half and the center pin that matters

not enough room and it will never unlock....too much room and it will never lock

Back