• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME CS033RB

Wanderingwest1979

NAXJA Forum User
I have done a few searches now, looks like I have to pull my new rear CS033RB springs out and remove a leaf.

After the amount of research I did on the OME lift for the past fours years I never once came across a thread or manual that stated a leaf would have to be removed to only lift the jeep 2-3". As I sit now, it's closer to 4-5" of rear lift.

I marked a line on each fender with the measurement before starting the lift install

C8E1F6F5-A427-46F2-928B-59D65323591E.jpg

As you can see here, it has quite the rake to it now.

FC629402-0BB5-40E7-8249-3DA661A27A26.jpg

Here is a rear shot with the new springs

F7F4454C-E18D-47E2-ACB3-41C952A38752.jpg

And the old springs at full droop

926C897D-BF93-496A-88D4-9CFEFAB23843.jpg

Dang I ordered.some CS033RA those will probably give 6 inches of lift. :eek:

Did you tighten all the boots after you lowered the XJ? If you tightened all the bolts while XJ was on the jack stands the lift will be higher than normal. You need to tighten them while the jeep is on the ground.

Did you drive the jeep after you removed the jackstands? If you didn't that that might account for the extra lift....those leafs should be 2.5-3" leaves.

Last edited:
Bolts are only hand tight at this point.

There is fine print on the ARB site that states you need to remove the 3rd leaf to have 2-3" of lift. "It comes with an extra leaf factory installed".

Just wish I had seen that before installing them.

I just installed the CS033RA in my 98 a few weeks ago. It raised my rear over 5". The shackle was pretty much 90* vertical. I put the HD off road no lift shackle relocation kit in which dropped it to about 4.5" but the shackle is still about 60*. Im gonna move the shackle bolt to another hole. Ive yet to drive it though so theres been no real opportunity for "suspension relaxing." Im still in the process of doing my front lift. OME 934 coils, Prothane bumps and DIY adjustable bump towers

Thanks for the "...3rd leaf removal" link. Once mines all done I may have to yank that leaf out. I really only wanted 3.5 to 4".

Well, here is the update.

3rd leaf pulled, it reduced the lift by 1 3/4", 30" was stock/sagged, 36" with full leaf pack, 34.25" with 3rd leaf removed

Jeep has a much nicer rake to it now.

And from the back

Much happier now.

Back