• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear disk brake

surf2snow

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished with my rear disk brake install.
20150410_0646131.jpg

And ran into one problem, Can you see it?
20150407_0839011.jpg

But I was [FONT=&quot]able to cruise my Tempest while I was working on the Jeep.[/FONT]
20150410_0809091.jpg

XJensen,
Close two passenger side outboard pads. I e-mailed Robert to notify him. I sent him pictures and I would have to send back the pads before I could get replacements. I just ended up removing the little tab to install them. The lines came with the kit.

ehall,
I went with RWKHausSupply

I still need to get the parking break cables.

Are the wheel studs going to be long enough?

I'd reroute the brake line away from the bump stop. I ran mine under the spring, but tucked up away from the rocks.

I love my Jeep, but I would be driving the wheels off that Tempest this summer, it is awesome! What's under the hood?

DansGreyMj,
I have steel rims so I didn't need to change them.

Ronbo,
The bump stops will not come in contact with the break lines. Yon can see in the picture where the bump stop hits, that's where the hard line stops and the soft line starts.

floyd,
Here in SoCal we don't really have a winter. I love driving it but with the 2 speed trans sucks!!! I have an Oldsmobile 403 under it, and have air ride front and rear.

Back