• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

REMANUFACTURED 4.0 ENGINES

1993 Red XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at a motor for a 01 jeep cherokee and I have found this place in Zionsville,Indiana called SAE MACHINING. Has anyone heard anything from these guys?

I priced a lot of remains and a trusted local builder. As it turned out the local builder was cheaper, not shipping, no core returns, and I know EXACTLY what I get. I say go local.

They are doing my engine. I'm going with the high output engine about 40 horsepower over stock. If they put it in they have a 3 year unlimited miles warranty.

I went to the 96-99 head cause I got the 0331 head. I had to get another exhaust manifold since I changed heads. Getting a Banks which is $500.00. The HO is $500 higher than stock plus the Banks header. You could prolly get a stock motor for $3000 with labor included. It's $1200 labor to pull the old motor and put the reman in. Call him for pricing 1(317)752-5228. My bill is $4,000.

you probably want to talk to russ pottenger in the so cal chapter. You will get the best XJ motor from him.

Best person to ask prices for a Russ Pottenger motor is Russ Pottenger :).

Not trying to be smart-alack, but there are many variations that can be done for a motor, from complete stock to one like mine (mild build, gobs of low end torque) to the motor in 4643 (horsepower demon, 130 octane only need apply).

I am extremely pleased with how my motor turned out. significantly more power than stock, with the power band in the 700-3500 RPM range. I suspect Cal would say the exact same thing, except his power band is in the 3000-6500 RPM range. Amazing how different two identical engine blocks can turn out to be.

David Bricker / SYR

They are doing my engine. I'm going with the high output engine about 40 horsepower over stock. If they put it in they have a 3 year unlimited miles warranty.

So what do they do to make it a "high output" engine?

You need to talk to him but it was very reasonable and less then $4000!
:bunny:

Back