• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering box

Ronniexj

NAXJA Forum User
My Reman steering box failed and I replaced it with another reman.

Now to steer it takes alot more force to turn the wheel, minute steering adjustments take alot of force and there seems to be alot of resistance.

The system was bled by turning the wheel left and right.

I also topped off my PS pump with fluid.

Any ideas? I didn't remove or change anything else... I swapped the pitman arm and unbolted the sway bar.

I replaced my reman napa box recently with another one and it felt rather tight too. After driving it for a week it seems to have loosened up but could be that I've just gotten used to it.

I can't say that my steering was as tight as yours but it was a noticeable difference for sure and had me a little worried also at first.

I bleed mine with the front wheels off the ground, engine off and going from lock to lock a good 50 times. By 30 I had no signs of air but I kept going just to be sure, no bubbles and fluid level has been stable so I am sure I have no air in my system.

I used mopar fluid as I've always used also. I've chalked my situation up to a new box with tighter tolerances and maybe a worn pump having to try and keep up with the new box.

Back