• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99 axel tube to bumpstop measurement question

Hi Gang!
I searched and I did find what I was looking for...
Quick question; what's the measurement between the axle tube and bumpstop on a stock '99 sport? Top of the tube to the "frame"rail would work as well.
Many thanks!

Not sure what the stock measurements are as I added a shackle extension to my 99' sport as an interim fix for the "saggy bottom syndrome"

Anyway, from most of my reading, stock rear wheel center to fender flare is 17", mine is now 16.5 with the 2" of shackle extension.

My axle to frame is 5 7/8"
I added 1 5/8" bump extensions so now the clearance is 1 3/8 axle to bump. Prob dont need them as my frame is still lower than stock, but I will be getting new leafs soon.

So in summary

Axle to frame 5 7/8"
Axle to bump (without mod) 3"

Hope this helps.

Measure from the center of the rim to the bottom of the fender flare, or measure from the axle tube to the frame rail.

From the NAXJA FAQ's -> Measuring Lift Height -- The Official "Dirty" Method

Bump stop length depends on the factory options installed, or which size replacement bumpstops some previous owner installed.

Thanks Tim!

I'm a bit confused. The text states:

"Checking Rear Ride Height

Measure rear ride height with the vehicle unloaded (no luggage or passengers) and with the fuel tank full.

Place the vehicle on a level surface and measure the vertical distance between the top of the axle tube (C) and the underside of the frame sill (D) inboard of the jounce bumper (E).

With Standard or Soft Ride Suspension, vertical distance should be 15 cm (6 inches) plus or minus 13 mm (1/2 inch). With Heavy Duty Suspension, vertical distance should be 18 cm (7 inches)"
Note it says "top of the axle tube"

Yet to me the arrow in this picture indicates the bottom of the tube:

http://www.mike-g.net/jeep/yinyang/tech/rideheight/rear.jpg

Gents, thanks again for the help!

Back