• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Security bypass

gingerguy90

NAXJA Forum User
OK I've looked around with not much luck. I have a 99 cherokee I bought from a used car lot with security problems. I've swapped the ecm and it runs but where it doesn't have the chipped key the door locks keep locking how can I bypass this? Swap out the bcm? Also I've lost my dash cluster functions

OK I've looked around with not much luck. I have a 99 cherokee I bought from a used car lot with security problems. I've swapped the ecm and it runs but where it doesn't have the chipped key the door locks keep locking how can I bypass this? Swap out the bcm? Also I've lost my dash cluster functions

The door locks controlled by the RKE module in the dome light, if you unplug that and the doors keep locking. Check for a faulty aftermarket alarm under the dash or a damaged door harness. The XJ cherokee doesn't have a BCM.

Back