• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

14 bolt full float build

5speed4life

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to start build a 14bolt full float for my 96 xj. I have read the 14 bolt bible on pirate 4x4. I'm looking for a more in depth build sheet that someone has done. I am new to axles. Very mechanically inclined. I'm looking for a step by step guide to building one. Any help. I've searched quote a bit.

What more do you need to know? Shave bottom, install gears/locker, swap on disc brakes, and beat the hell out of it. I use and abuse mine without worry.

I don't know anything about installing new gears into axles. I know they're sensative to adjustment. And I know the 14bolt has two adjustments for back lash on each side, but how do I even go about adjusting them?:doh:

Aside from the crush sleeve and pressure needed to start it, regearing a 14b is one if the easiest axles to do, no setup bearings or anything needed. There's a tech writeup on Pirate as well that goes thru gearing a 14b, separate from the bible.

I thought you said you read the 14bolt bible? Billavista also has gear set threads. Your current questions tell me take the 14b to a shop to regear and shave. There are so many threads and builds out there on how to shave a 14b and 14b gears.

Back