• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys rubber motor mounts?

Brown dog rubber. I feel no additional vibes. You can get them with or without the super strong mounting brackets.

David Bricker / SYR

I too am running BDMM in the rubber flavor.

I have a brand new set of Brown Dog polys... should I return for rubber. How much actual vibration will there be with Poly?

when I put a new motor in my 91' in 01' i used new poly mounts- rusty's, and took it for a test ride. It vibed like crazy- didn't anticipate it- and suspected issues- but then realized it was just the mounts. The vibes did did smooth out over time, and I probably got used to some. They held up for the next 13 years till the frame rusted away.

Agree, rubber Brown Dog or MORE mounts.

I've got brown dog brackets, but due to all the feedback in regards to vibrations (even with rubber) I plan on running more rubber mounts....

I DD'ed Brown Dog rubber mounts, torqued as directed, and found them annoyingly buzzy.
Eventually switched to Anchor brand OEM replacement mounts... much, much lower vibration.
If you wheel the absolute piss out of your rig and need the strength BD mounts offer, go for it.
For a DD / weekend camping rig... just go OEM replacement.

Idk about Rustys but I have Brown dog and am happy but wouldn't mind riding in a rig with the M.O.R.E. mounts to see if they are a touch smoother.

Here is a thread where despite good advice I went with OEM ones in 2012
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1080522

And again in 2014 when I went with rubber Brown dogs w brackets.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1113979

Here is the pics in the build thread of the Brown dogs
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=246162403&postcount=161

I went with stock style for ride quality the first time since it is a DD. We only get out on the trail like 4 or 5 times a year but we like rocks. The stock style ones had the rubber fail on "Lower rock garden" at the Cherokee Crawl. The engine moved enough that it ripped off our Spectre intake. Spectre was nice enough to replace the damaged part free.

We have Brown dog rubber mounts with the brackets now and that will not happen again. I have comments at the end of the second thread about my first impressions on ride quality. It smoothed out some, I got used to it some, or a little bit of both. It is noticeable still though. Also if you would like I would let you come drive mine and see for yourself.

I've had rusty's engine mounts and they aren't bad aside from the powdercoat flaking off and the spacers you have to sneak in, brown dog or more would get my money tho.

Brown Dog makes a great MM. I have the Rubber Brown Dog Motor Mounts and they have held up great over a couple years.

However... my rig is a DD and rarely sees any off-roading. At the most it's dirt and mud and general trail and hunting routes. The Brown Dog mounts to me give a lot more vibration than the OE rubber mounts. I've adjusted and re-adjusted the torque on the thru-bolt to no avail. I've been seriously thinking about putting OE rubber mounts back on my rig just to see what it drives like. Everyone is different... and at my age I prefer not to have my rig vibrate down the road... :)

Back