• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to XJ and to the forum....

swarcher07XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, My name is Scott and I'm in Oregon. I recently picked up an XJ along with two other friends so we can start building them up as well as adventures! :party:

I have a 1995 XJ Country.
Auto Trans
4.0L I6
4.5" Lift
and a new steering wheel cover. :)

Now for a the noob ?'s....
I had to replace the water pump and everything was fine for a half day. Then the Check Engine light came on and I got the code 22. After research in found that it is the ECT (Engine Coolant Sensor) voltage to high or to low. Again, after research, i read to replace that ECT and clear the code. So after doing that I disconnected the battery for 10 min, reconnected it and I still have the same code and sputtering from the ECT telling the computer that it's still needs to warm up and thus running rich.

Anything else I could do or be missing.

By the way- great site with lots to look at and hopefully be involved in.

-swarcher07XJ

Which sensor did you replace? Some years had two. One on the front for the gauge and one on the rear for the ECM.

Welcome Scott from Oregon. Come check out the NorthWest Chapter forum when you get a chance, introduce yourself, and let us know where in Oregon you are living. We've got a Meet-and-Greet coming up very soon.

As I recall, the one on the rear near the firewall fixed my guage. I remember because I replaced the front one first and it didn't fix the gauge. I could be wrong though.

So could I. Just know they can have 2

Thanks for the input guys... I got it fixed (for now) just had to go through a couple sensors that were bad out of box. It was the front thermostat sensor and then to reset the code I disconnected the battery (both leads) and it seems to be fix.

Thanks again and I'll be lurking around.... :)

Back