• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9" to 10" brake swap

treedeep

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible to swap 9" brakes on a '97 country w/8.25 to 10"? If i had 10" drums, 10" shoes, and related springs and hardware, will they work on the stock set up? or will I have to change the backing plate also?

You would need the backing plate to hold the bigger shoes.

I don't think 10" brakes wrere ever offered on a chrysler axle-- you would probably need the D35/D44 backing plate and would still need to "adjust" the 4 mounting hole to fit your axle.

thanks guys, got 32" grabbers on the jeep. pretty heavy. stock drums really don't cut it. and I aint got $600 for a disc swap. I keep the shoes adjusted, but seams as if the fronts are doing all the work.

thanks guys, got 32" grabbers on the jeep. pretty heavy. stock drums really don't cut it. and I aint got $600 for a disc swap. I keep the shoes adjusted, but seams as if the fronts are doing all the work.

since when does a disc swap cost 600$? the zj disc backing plates are damn near a direct fit it you are willing to take the time to snag some from the yard. it was a very worthwile swap on my wife's 2000 with an 8.25

Back