• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED light bar mounting options w/o roof rack

Briman2021

NAXJA Forum User
I came into a good deal on a 50" light bar, so now I am looking for some different mounting options.

There is one catch, I don't have a roof rack, and I don't really want to add one if I don't have to. This has left me struggling to find many mounting options. Since I don't have a roof rack, I think it would look weird sitting too high above the roof line, and it isn't a curved bar so the rough country mounts won't work, but they do look pretty sweet.

Anybody mount a 50" light bar on their rack-less rig?

i made my own.
20141026_164127.jpg

IMG_20141024_164556.jpg

My light bars are coming today. I'll install them on my XJ after turkey day.I am using roof rack mounts, they worked great on a friends jeep last week., light is a 50/52" and it doesn't vibrate at all.

By the way, they're a perfect fit too. I'll post pics on this thread if you want after i install it.

thatxjguy, I have read your build thread probably 10 times while bored at work because my rig is also gunmetal pearl. I really like the lightbar mounts, but I am thinking that without a roof rack it might look goofy.

I just don't want to end up looking like a cop car with a big bar up top with nothing behind it.

What are there for options that tuck it down a bit lower? I have seen the OMC offroad mount, but some people are complaining that it causes issues with rain leaking in the door which is no good for me.

If you want to do some light drilling and use a curved LED light bar, you also have this option:

The only problem with the drill methods is that the rivets are prone to wallowing out over time and causing water leaks.

I really like the looks of those mounts, the only problem is that I already have a straight light bar, got it from a friend who changed his mind and got a 30" bar instead.

Here's what I did with a 30" Rigid SR (single row) bar:

racklight_zpsa5e5d348.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you sir for this link! Its exactly what I have been looking for that I didnt think existed. Its also at a much cheaper price than expected.

Just be careful of the rivets wallowing out over time. That's the reason I didn't go that route.

If they wallow out, you'll start getting water leaks.

im personally going to go with a 42" light bar paired with this little pre-runner style of mount.

http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/universal-light-bar-mount-jeep-cherokee-xj.html

if u have the full length roof rack rails then it bolts right in place of the holes used for that. for me ill have to drill some holes and seal them up. but I personally prefer the pre-runner styling without the roof rack then I do those stupidly tall and obnoxious bar mounts that are out on the market today. althou it cant do a 50" with out some kind of custom mount, it still fits a nice and big and of course bright 42"

Back