• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whine in 4LO...opinions? Video included

dubbleJ's

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, Im pretty sure this is normal and it is the Tcase whining but I just wanted to get some other opinions on it. I regeared my d30 to 4.56 last year and want to make sure it is not whining...

A link is attached to a video of my XJ and you can hear the whine quite well when I get on the gas at the top of the ledge.

Any input is appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjYUOVvvMTk

Sounds pretty good to me. What would you expect it to sound like?....it's working.

That's a berm, not a ledge. :compwork:

Just because its working does not mean something is not on its way to failing or being worn out...a gear set will still work if set up wrong, but will whine or howl and wreck the gears.

The whine seems to be much louder than I recall in the past so that is why I am asking for opinions...but thank you for your reassurance that it sounds "pretty good".

Oh and that's definitely not a berm, if you don't want to call it a ledge go ahead and call it a bank. ;)

A noticeable whine inside the XJ while in 4Low is very common, and not a problem.

Without seeing the XJ in person, I would guess the video contains a power steering pump whine.

Last edited:
Back