• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans Wiring Issues.

Lauderdale

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ. It is said to have a motor replacement a 4.0 wasn't finished putting together, and a Trans swap that came out of an 01 XJ. My issue is that the harness from the trans doesn't match. Model # 30-43LE. I've searched everywhere, but can't find the answers I am seeking. I was told I could change the sensors out or cut the harness from the correct year model. I wanna know exactly what is best, so I can take this rig to the streets. Thanks!

I have a 2000 XJ. It is said to have a motor replacement a 4.0 wasn't finished putting together, and a Trans swap that came out of an 01 XJ. My issue is that the harness from the trans doesn't match. Model # 30-43LE. I've searched everywhere, but can't find the answers I am seeking. I was told I could change the sensors out or cut the harness from the correct year model. I wanna know exactly what is best, so I can take this rig to the streets. Thanks!

Which 'harness' doesn't match? the '00 and '01 AW4 are the same except if its a 2WD the Chrysler part number is 52104180AD and the 4WD version is 52104210AC. And, of course, there are physical differences between the two.

Check the data plate to see what you have (it was meant to be). The 2WD harness will be different than the 4WD harness.

Don't start chopping wires!

Back