• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 and newer parts on pre 97?

Nwcharger

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I'm going to apologize, I know im asking a lot of questions here. I have already done a search for this and go "no results." Can I put 97 and newer parts on my 87 Cherokee? More specifically im wondering about the center consol, seats, and front bumper, grill. Are the parts just bolt on? Thanks.

Bumper, header panel/grille are plug n pray. Center console close to that (I and several others have 97-up center console in 96-down. Seat brackets are different, but could be made to work. But, honestly, unless really inexpensive or free best bet is to find some ZJ/WJ seats to swap in.

Thanks for the info. I put zj seats in my 2001 Cherokee I had a few years ago and even those I have to fabricate the seat bracket to make them work.

Thanks for the info. I put zj seats in my 2001 Cherokee I had a few years ago and even those I have to fabricate the seat bracket to make them work.

Then you know anything fits with enough modification. Yes, some stuff bolts on pretty easily, others require some modification....

As far as seats, i dont think its a -97/97+ thing, i think it was like 95 or 96 the floors changed.

Back