• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 - 12" led light bars wiring

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
I have 2 - 12" led light bars I want to connect to one switch. The leds draw 5.5amps each. Can I use one 5 pin 30-40 amp relay and one switch? Is there anything I need to worry about? Like switch size etc...?

If you're using a relay, you eliminate the amp draw at the switch. Any 12v switch will do.

You can use one relay for both bars as long as the amp draw combined doesn't exceed the rating of the relay. Just splice the two wires together. And don't forget a fuse.

just as an excersize in what you COULD do, you could also run 2 10amp relays, but trigger them both from one toggle switch.

not that i'm saying thats the way to go here, but since you're asking.. :)

I guess it depends on how he wants to wire them. Not really any different than two headlight bulbs on 1 relay.

I would have separate switches and relays for both of them so I could turn them on independently, but that's just me.

See I like them just the opposite. I want the fewest simpelist switches possible.

(somehow I still ended up with 11 switches and 3 buttons).

It would depend on how he's mounting them. If they're both forward on a bumper, easier to get a 20" bar, then you get 1 switch and 1 relay.

My 40" is on a switch and the 12" I just picked up used is going on a different switch. The KC lights are on the factory fog with a relay, because I don't really need them for light, they just make me happy.

Speaking of which, I need to order that fairlead mount from TMR.

I have 2 15's and a 20 on a single switch.

I didn't bother with a relay.. ;)

just as an excersize in what you COULD do, you could also run 2 10amp relays, but trigger them both from one toggle switch.

not that i'm saying thats the way to go here, but since you're asking.. :)

that was actually my original plan. But realized i had a 5 pin relay already and figured it would equal a tad less wiring.

Just for the record, i will be mounting them on the front of the halo above the windshield. Ill throw up some pictures when i git er dun !

:cheers:
Mojo

that was actually my original plan. But realized i had a 5 pin relay already and figured it would equal a tad less wiring.

Just for the record, i will be mounting them on the front of the halo above the windshield. Ill throw up some pictures when i git er dun !

:cheers:
Mojo

They'll look kinda like this but a little smaller :)

4643_8_zpsa6161a20.jpg

Back