• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf hanger bolt size

brs256

NAXJA Forum User
i need to know the size of the front leaf spring bolt .. 99 xj, but i assume all years would be the same.

i know i could just take the other side out, and please dont tell me to go to the dealer, im just looking for the size of the bolt.

happy jeepin

Thank you both for the advice. I hadn't thought of this method and will try this first. I'll probably need an 18"+ crowbar to do this, correct? I have a 12" HD crowbar but I don't know if that will be enough leverage.

BTW, for future people searching this thread I forgot to post up the part# for the bolt, which I found here:

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/leaf-main-eyebolt-size-106814/

Excerpt from that thread:

"The front fixed eye of the rear leaf spring uses an attaching bolt with a hex head which is a available from your friendly Chrysler dealer under part number 34202118 The thread spec. is M 14-2.0 and it is a Class 9.8 hardened fastener. Do not substitue any other fasteners in place of the O.E.M. part, since there are no subsitutes acceptable.

The same part number is used for attaching the shackle end eye of the rear leaf spring to it's respective shackle."

Go the thread I linked to here.

Did you shear yours?

BTW it's like a $7 bolt at the dealer and likely, for grade 8 hardware which is not up to factory spec, is still a $3 or $4+ bolt at Home Depot.

BTW it's like a $7 bolt at the dealer and likely, for grade 8 hardware which is not up to factory spec, is still a $3 or $4+ bolt at Home Depot.

you'll not find such a bolt at home depot, at least not any I've been in. Fastenal would be your best bet, other than the dealer.

IIRC they are M14x2.0 and something like 120MM Gr 10.9

Back