• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking sun roof

juicexj24

NAXJA Forum User
Factory sunroof leaking. Anyone know where I can get a new seal for cheap. I have an 88' with the pop up, twist knob sun roof. It's leaking in the corner right above the drivers seat. Just went out to get in it. drip drip, wet again. My only solution is to seal the thing shut with weatherstrip adhasive. I don't really use it at all. Any ideas? thanks Juice

I have the same problem...new seal from dealer is ~$24.00. Hard to find at the junk yard. I tried popriviting a piece of plexiglass in after I had removed the whole sunroom assembly, but the damn thing leaks even worse. Good luck.

Can you tell where it is? My 88 was leaking from under the frame. I put some clear silicone around the whole frame of the sunroof and it hasn't leaked for 4 years.

Check exactly where it is leaking from. The 89 that I just bought has a power sunroof that the previous owner sealed shut because it was leaking. But, when I checked it, it was leaking right around the glass itself. For now I've pulled off the sealant that the previous owner applied and used some clear silicone to seal around the glass. I'll let you know if this works or not since I just put the silicone on today.

ya I just 3M weatherstrip sealant to close that puppy down. I never opened it anyway and it has worked for the last 4 months. I think some day down the road I'm going to remove it and just weld in a new piece of sheet metel and close that hole up for good. Never really like the sun roof anyway. Just a thought. Juice

Back