• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Labrador vs. Seatbelt...replacement options?

LynchMob

NAXJA Forum User
Our new puppy (black lab/border collie) chewed through the rear seat belt on our '99Classic. Just the belt itself is damaged but it can only be replaced as an entire unit ($100USD).

Is there anyway to get just the belt out / replaced?

Also, if anyone happens to notice someone on one of the boards like JU parting out a newer XJ with the grey (agate) colored rear passenger side belt assembly, please let me know. I'd look myself but my work has banned me from a bunch of sites.

Thanks.

seatbelt

Sounds like junkyard time to me.
1st tho you need to find which years will fit your vehicle.

Bummer! My Golden Retriever did the same thing - had to go to the pick 'n pull to get another belt. It was for my '88, so there were plenty of donor rigs to choose from.
---
I have an ’00 and I know that the hardware is much different than an older XJ. I go to the yard about 1-2 times a month, so I’ll keep an eye out for one.

Looks like this is a common problem with XJ's ! My golden retriever also ate my right rear belt. If anyone has a solution for this problem, (other than eliminating the animal) let us know!

I was able to find one at the local wreckers for $35.

Rear belt upgrade

On a separae but related note. Has anyone ever converted an older lap belt to the shoulder belt from a newer model? Iwould like to have the added safety feature but if it too much of a PITA I won't mess with it.

Ed-

Back