• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front header... somebody must know this

Pioneer88

NAXJA Forum User
Here is what I am wondering, and I’m having trouble finding a clear and definitive answer to this anywhere. I have an 88, the grill and corner markers are a little banged up and I want to switch to chrome. Can I take the chrome grill and headlight bezels off of a 91-96 and put it on my 88 or would that require replacing the header?

Mine has 2 piece headlight bezels (each side) as well as separate trim pieces above and below the grill insert. It is a pure headache trying to find all the renix era trim pieces. Anyone out there with a 91-96, do we have the same header? Does yours have trim pieces above and below the grill that are separate from the grill? Thanks all.

no.

84-90

91-96.
Chrysler changed the trim from a one piece metal to a three piece plastic.
Te 91-96 panel will fit, but you need the whole thing. You cannot interchange the buckets or markers between the year splits.

I too am trying hard to find AMC era header panel bits to keep my truck correct.

Back