• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! 99 Cherokee

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
Left from work and suddenly, no turn signals, emergency brake light is ON, no radio, turned blower fan on and it started then shut off. Hazard switch does activate signal lights.... 99 4.0

I'm searching around and I'm seeing others have had same issue they ALL say the instruments start working when the emergency brake light goes off on the dash....This sounds like a fun one....

I'm reading into the matter more and it may be a faulty ignition not engaging all the relays from what I'm understanding.

I'm reading into the matter more and it may be a faulty ignition not engaging all the relays from what I'm understanding.

Yup... could be.... in fact, it might be a lot of things. You can start throwing parts at it, if you want, and hope you throw the right one...

OR.... you can do some simple diagnostic and trouble shooting tasks, that won't cost you a dime, might solve the problem without you having to buy a single part, and will lead you to what does need to be fixed or replaced.

Its your Jeep and your money...

If it were me.... I would start by refreshing all of the grounds. Its free... its easy... it should be done anyways.... and it might just solve your problems before you even need to get into true diagnostic mode.

Back