• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zj coils to compensate for extra weight

Boom1699

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4.5 inch clayton long arm kit with front bumper with winch and a rear bumper with swing out carrier it doesn't sit the same after the bumpers got put on for the rear I am going to do shackle relocation thAtl bring me up an inch or so I'm wondering if anyone has done zj coils up front to compensate for the extra weight if I do 4.5 zj coils will it only bring me up an inch or will it be too much I don't wanna go higher than 4.5

Don't bother with the ZJ coils to compensate for weight. In my experience they don't help as much as people say they do; I ended up adding spacers to the front anyway.

Edit: Added weight is ARB bar and M8000 winch

Last edited:
Been really happy with my deaver coils, and I run a heavy bumper winch combo. I doubt you would have.enough weight to compress them to 4.5 though

I would go with ACOS, JKS or Currie brand, basically the same. Adjusted all the way down min lift is approx .75- up to 3" IIRC. What is nice is that you can basically fine tune your height on both sides, since not all springs/vehicles are created equal. They have better bumps than factory too.

Back