• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lossing fuel presure

a_ibrahem

NAXJA Forum User
Hello guys ,

I have 2000 Cherokee XJ AT ,
the thing i noticed is that it never starts on first crank ,after some reading started to turn the key on for few seconds first before cranking but didn't help at all , i must crank it once then second it will start ,

after some reading again saw the threads about the BMW valve in the fuel line and that it doesn't work on 97+

so finally i changed the fuel pump with new Mopar one.

sadly the problem still there ,and last night i was offroading it and all of sudden it stopped while am climbing upwards ,and didn't want to start at all

having this fuel issue in my mind i pulled it down to flat ground and then it started.

so my theory was that fuel is not reaching engine because it was on a ramp up.

i tested the fuel rail pressure (only by hand ) left the car for few hours then pushed that valve in the fuel rail carefully but there was nothing inside ,zero pressure and no fuel came out also.

what do you guys think is the problem ,

appreciate your advise.

BR,
Ahmed

Start by buying an inexpensive fuel pump tester to see if the pump is the problem.
http://www.harborfreight.com/fuel-injection-pump-tester-92699.html

Then you can see what pressure it is running at and how quickly it leaks downs when the ignition is turned off. I have rigged them so the pressure can be monitored while driving, preferably up a steep grade that puts a heavy load on the pump. The pressure should always remain within FSM specs, when the pump is powered.

ok have changed the filter/check valve unit with brand new mopar one
its only slightly better but still not starting rightaway

if i turn the key on and off for 2-3 times before starting it starts fine ,could it be leaky injectors still ?

how often should injectors be replaced ,mine is showing 160K miles now

Br,
Ahmed

OK guys ,replaced the injectors with ford orange injectors with four wholes in the nozzle
its direct fit ,didn't modify anything

still not starting first cranck ,

now pump, filter/valve and injectors are new what else could it be ?

Back