• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to adjust button-type kickdown cable?

karmafox

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched, but I can't find clear instructions.

I have a 96 Cherokee with the button-type kickdown cable. When I release tension on the cable, am I supposed to push the conduit TOWARDS the throttle or AWAY from the throttle?

I did this to my 98 a few years back. I did a search for adjust kickdown cable jeep cherokee, and the first one is a youtube video. in the video he removes the clip, mine has a push release. Hope this works for you.

I've searched, but I can't find clear instructions.

I have a 96 Cherokee with the button-type kickdown cable. When I release tension on the cable, am I supposed to push the conduit TOWARDS the throttle or AWAY from the throttle?

Just did this the other week.. Push the button and push the conduit all the way in(away from the throttle), then go press the gas pedal all the way down and that will pull the cable out to its proper position and your done.

Back