• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driver side running lights dead

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
97 XJ 4.0L Auto 4x4 4 door Country model

Ok so last night I discovered that ALL my running lights on the driver side front and rear have gone out. The blinkers still operate front and rear, the brake light works, the reverse light still comes on, its only the running lights. I am pretty confident it isn't a bulb issue since they are went out at the exact same time and I am also running retrofitted Projectors from The Retrofit Source and I have the Halo Ring Angel Eyes that I tapped into the running light wiring in the front blinker. I am doubtful that this is the root cause as the rear and front side marker lights all went out together and the passenger side is set up the exact same way no issues.

I have heard about people having trouble with exterior lights and a ground wire for that circuit but I have no idea where to find this to check it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I would like to get this solved ASAP because I have a camping trip this weekend and this makes me uncomfortable driving at night because a cop is bound to pull me over and I just don't feel like dealing with that or being stuck with a ticket.

....I have the Halo Ring Angel Eyes that I tapped into the running light wiring .....

The first rule of troubleshooting is check whatever you did last. Check the wiring you did, check the fuse for that circuit, check the ground connection for that circuit behind the spare tire plastic trim.

Last edited:
The angel eyes have been in for two years so that's not the case. I did some more searching on here and although nobody mentioned my exact problem I did discover through reading that the parking/running lights have a seperate circuit per side. I just assumed they were all on the same circuit. So I went to check the fuse for that side and boom popped fuse! All fixed now! I figure it probably happened when I was troubleshooting some trailor light issues with my work trailor.

Back