• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wire diagrams

Marcelo73

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any manual that shows all the wires of the XJ?
I'm facing troubles with the SKIM module. I bought a new PCM (in theory without that module enabled) but the engine stopped after 3 seconds (with the module disconnected).
I connected the SKIM module and it started. But after some days the problem rised again. If I move the wires under the steering wheel column it randoms starts. I guess there's some wire cut or doing bad contact, but don't know where start to check.

Any help will be appreciated.

Spend $7.95 at PacificCoastManuals.com for a genuine Jeep Service Manual. Once you go beyond oil changes and brake jobs, Haynes and Chilton's are worthless. They both cover too many model years in one manual, and have an incredible number of both errors and omissions.

what year is your jeep?

1998 Sport with manual trans.

I already bought the PacificCoastManuals manual, will check the diagrams. I'm just thinking remove all the electronic and put a simple carburetor. The SKIS sounds like a great system but for off-road is a PITA. I can't depend from just a tiny transponder

I'm just thinking remove all the electronic and put a simple carburetor.

That would be illogical and pointless.

The SKIS sounds like a great system but for off-road is a PITA.

If you are having SKIS/SKIM issues, simply remove the SKIS transponder module, and install a non-SKIS enabled PCM.

That would be illogical and pointless.

If you are having SKIS/SKIM issues, simply remove the SKIS transponder module, and install a non-SKIS enabled PCM.

The carburetor option is the last one before burn out the whole rig.
I bought a PCM from AMS and asked without SKIS. It came with it. I'm trying to find a place that sells PCM without asking the VIN, just 4.0 MT. But no luck so far.

Wish I still had the info off the junkyard donor I pulled the M/T swap parts for my 98 out of, I'd pass you that VIN to use when requesting an ECU programmed.

If I can find someone with a scanner that will pull the VIN for me, I'll let you know.

Oh, and return that ECU if it came with SKIS. They should have sent you the right one.

Wish I still had the info off the junkyard donor I pulled the M/T swap parts for my 98 out of, I'd pass you that VIN to use when requesting an ECU programmed.

If I can find someone with a scanner that will pull the VIN for me, I'll let you know.

Oh, and return that ECU if it came with SKIS. They should have sent you the right one.

That would be great. Thanks in advance.

Back