• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blinkers/wipers/radio/fan dead... ignition switch?

Try checking your fuses. When I shorted out a blown bulb in my footwell area it popped a fuse and it included all of those. Plus my power locks, windows, headlights. Luckily I had driving lights so I could drive home. Try the fuses under the hood.

Assume '89?

What happened to your previous switch; did it or the plug partially melt and did it affect the same components?

No, they do not typically fail this often. The affected items can draw a lot of current, particularly the blower motor if is failing. And, of course, the A/C.

If this turns out to be excessive current draw, the best and least expensive way to correct the problem is with a relay.

Assume '89?

What happened to your previous switch; did it or the plug partially melt and did it affect the same components?

No, they do not typically fail this often. The affected items can draw a lot of current, particularly the blower motor if is failing. And, of course, the A/C.

If this turns out to be excessive current draw, the best and least expensive way to correct the problem is with a relay.
yes the plug was partially melted last time i changed it, so should i replace the plug also?

Note from DJ
Typical Ignition Switch #12 Brown Wire Connector #267 Terminal #A Failure.

And yes connector will need replacing or repairing.

Back