• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 link separation at the frame side

CAJJ93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I read through most of the 3 link TOTM on pirate and I have a good idea of what I'm doing. my one question was how much link separation to run on the frame side BEST for street driving. this rig needs to handle streets just fine. should I really go through the effort of making the upper mount adjustable at the frame?

I'm mounting lowers straight to the bottom of the frame and upper will be right above them on the inner side of the frame rail (passenger). gotta plate it out but don't really feel like cutting into my floor and figuring out how to brace that. I think it will be about 4" of separation. anyone wish they had more than that? or wish they had made their mount adjustable?

thank you

Just cut the floor, mines based off a Clayton cross member, I have 7.5" at the frame and 8.5" at the axle

actually, followup question

my buddy doesn't think this offset panhard mount will be strong enough. I beg to differ. my only worry is that I have to mount the ram assist off this so it will be tied into the upper link mount and gusseted down to the frame. any advice there?

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/PAN-OFF.html

I run that mount tied into my upper with some gusseting

Ya and the upper is tied into a mini truss with some plating.

Re: Re: 3 link separation at the frame side

actually, followup question

my buddy doesn't think this offset panhard mount will be strong enough. I beg to differ. my only worry is that I have to mount the ram assist off this so it will be tied into the upper link mount and gusseted down to the frame. any advice there?

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/PAN-OFF.html

I have run that one for years. It is plenty strong if properly welded. Mine is also supported by my truss but if you have no truss a couple of extra gussets woul not hurt.

I have run that one for years. It is plenty strong if properly welded. Mine is also supported by my truss but if you have no truss a couple of extra gussets woul not hurt.

I don't think I can run a truss. or at least I've yet to find one that can fit. I'll figure out some good gussets

I think it will be about 4" of separation. anyone wish they had more than that? or wish they had made their mount adjustable?

thank you

Run as much as you can. When you're under the jeep, you'll find that stuff gets in the way real quick, and it kinda goes where it fits.

The more seperation, the stronger everything will be.

Yeah, I had to fab a custom truss for mine. You could modify a commercially available truss but it would be about as much work as fabbing up a custom one.

maybe I could do one that bolts on and off with the diff cover. I'd have to mess with that later though. does anyone have their ram mounted up to there link/track bar bracket?

are you talking about mounting the ram to the frame? that is a bad idea.

are you talking about mounting the ram to the frame? that is a bad idea.

me? heavens no. RWKHaus had it mounted inbetween the upper link mount and the track bar mount, then gusseted into the axle tube. figure if it works for him I'll be ok. but I cut all the old brackets off in favor of fresh ruffstuff... stuff

Run as much as you can. When you're under the jeep, you'll find that stuff gets in the way real quick, and it kinda goes where it fits.

The more seperation, the stronger everything will be.

the more separation the stronger it will be.. my only problem with that is figuring how to mount it to the frame strong enough. I was plating up the inner frame rail tonight and planning where to cut into the floor, but the higher up I put the mount the more leverage it has to twist the frame right? I'm really worried about making it strong enough. and with god as my witness this will be the last uniframe I destroy.

If you're gonna go as far as cutting out the floor, consider laying in a peice of box tube inside the uniframe for extra strength there

If you're gonna go as far as cutting out the floor, consider laying in a peice of box tube inside the uniframe for extra strength there

I was thinking about drilling some 9/16 holes through its and slugging it. Not sure how much good setting a piece of steal inside there is gonna do. Still the problem is mounting the upper strong enough

I was thinking about drilling some 9/16 holes through its and slugging it. Not sure how much good setting a piece of steal inside there is gonna do. Still the problem is mounting the upper strong enough

It would give you something to tie the upper mount to that won't just fold inward like the unirail

Back